While Public Liability Insurance and Property and Tools Cover are widely used by tradies, Personal Accident and Illness Insurance can be overlooked at times. However, personal accident cover is an important consideration for tradies and today we’ll take a look at the information you need to help you decide whether this policy is right for you.

What is Personal Accident and Illness Insurance?

Personal Accident and Illness Insurance is a form of cover which provides you with a portion of your income if you’re unable to work due to sickness or injury. These payments will continue until you’re well recovered enough to return to work or until your policy expires – whichever happens first.

Your personal accident cover means that you continue to receive an income while you recover so you can keep up with regular expenses and maintain your lifestyle. Remember, even if you’re off work you need to contend with expenses such as rent, mortgage, utilities, groceries and other general living costs which is why personal accident insurance is so important.

Why is personal accident insurance important for tradies?

Personal Accident and Illness cover is particularly important for tradies as the physical nature of your week means you have an increased likelihood of becoming injured from incidents such as falling from heights, suffering burns from chemicals or machinery, or injuring your back while lifting. Something like a back injury could see you off work for a considerable amount of time as you’ll be unable to carry out your normal work. Without personal accident cover to provide you with an ongoing income, you could find yourself in a situation where you need to return to work before you’re fully recovered.

Also, tradies are often self-employed which means that you have no leave or sickness benefits to keep you going. Even if you are entitled to sickness benefits as an employee, this won’t help of you need to be off work for a long period of time.

Where do I go for more information?

When it comes to additional information about Personal Accident and Illness Insurance, the best person to speak to is your insurance broker. They can best advise you if this policy is right for your situation as well as discussing what level of cover you require.

For quality insurance at the best price, All Trades Cover has you covered. We deal only with tradies which means we understand the specific risks associated with your business and help ensure that all your areas of risk area covered. Our experienced brokers can help you from taking out your policy to answering questions along the way, as well as dealing with the insurer on your behalf at claim time.

For more information about personal accident insurance or for a quick quote, contact All Trades Cover today on 1300 826 850 or fill in our easy online form.

John Elliott

John Elliott

View Profile

An industry veteran with a vision to revolutionise insurance for tradespeople, John Elliott founded All Trades Cover with a commitment to make insurance easy, efficient, and affordable for tradies across Australia.

With 2 decades of experience and thousands of insured clients nationwide, John’s vision has become a reality. All Trades Cover is now a trusted partner for tradies, offering top-tier coverage at competitive prices. But it’s not just about cost savings.

John’s innovative approach focuses on simplicity and speed without compromisingon quality.

Get a Free Quote Today!

Error: Contact form not found.