If you’re in the trade industry, self-employed or operating as a subcontractor, it’s important to make sure you’ve got all of the right tradesman insurances to protect yourself, your employees and your business.

Public Liability Insurance

Public liability insurance protects business owners in situations where your business activities unfortunately result in the property damage or the injury of another person. Public liability insurance does not cover injury to yourself or your employees however, that’s what you’ll need personal and accident insurance cover for.

Personal accident insurance

When you’re self-employed or working as a subcontractor, YOU are your business and if you are unable to work, your business is at risk and therefore so is your livelihood. Personal accident and sickness cover is there for you when something happens to you that takes you out of work for a period of time. And the great thing is, it’s not just about accidents or injuries at work, personal accident and sickness insurance covers any injury you sustain in the work field or on the football field. If you’re off work due to an extended illness – something that’s keeping you off the tools for a number of weeks (an insured illness), you’ll also be covered so you can still pay your bills and keep yourself afloat.

Property and tools cover

You’re a tradie, so where would you be without the tools and equipment to build each and every day? For example as a carpenter, you wouldn’t be able to hammer, cut, sand or join anything. Your tools are integral to your business, which is why you need to ensure you’re covered. From power tools to your trusty hammer and nails.
Property and tools insurance packages insure you against theft, damage, loss of your trade tools and other business property, so you can get back to work with everything you need.

Workers’ compensation

Workers compensation insurance is mandatory for tradesmen running their own business with employees. There are significant penalties for not having workers’ compensation cover in place. Be sure to check out the workers’ compensation regulations in your state as they can differ around the country. In the event that one of your employees is involved in an accident, the last thing you want is to be finding the money to cover their hospital costs, as well as their time off work and then on top of that, the fine.

For a quick and easy way to organise all the insurances you need for your carpentry/cabinet making business, contact the expert team at All Trades Cover on 1300 826 850 and they’ll get you covered.

Get a Free Quote Today!

[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]